This year we are focusing on the Southern half of the neighbourhood from Mountain Avenue to Redwood Avenue, however, that does not mean that residents on other streets won't be able to get grants.
Urgent repairs will get priority, as will health or safety related repairs. To be eligible:
- You must live in the area stated above
- The repairs are not on sheds, garages or changes to areas that are already in good repair
- 5 years must have passed from the last time you received a grant
- Your address must be on the front and REAR of your property (such as a fence or garage)
- You must live in your home rear round (ie. it is your principle residence)
If you make more than $35,000, don't worry! We also offer the General grant which is open to everyone. Your income doesn't matter and you can receive up to $1000 towards your project. The repairs must total more than $500 and the recipient must contribute at least $150 towards the repairs.
When submitting the application, proof of home ownership is required (such as your property tax assessment). Deadline for submission is May 18 at 4:00 p.m. so don't be late!
Please note that if you are selected two estimates are required from two separate contractors, or if you are doing the work yourself all receipts will be required and no money will be paid for labour.
If you have any questions please call Kali, the Grant Coordinator, at 927-2341.