Monday, June 10, 2013

Citizens Action Network

Do you have a neighbourhood issue that you wish to report but don't necessarily want to be the one reporting it?

Do you have:

- neighbours who don't maintain their yard or home
- neighbours involved in criminal or dangerous activity
- issues with your road, backlane, or other City property
- derelict or vacant home issues

The Citizens Action Network (C.A.N.) can accept your report and forward the issue to all necessary parties. This can include Community By Law Enforcement Services, the Winnipeg Police Service, the Winnipeg Fire Department and outside agencies. As well, these departments will notify any other agency that is required after they complete their investigation.

This system allows all citizens to be able to report concerns with a certain amount of anonymity. There will be some cases where information may need to be followed up on, however, if you do not feel comfortable with this, there are things that can be done. One can be the C.A.N. Coordinator can look into the concern and verify it and report it for you and follow up with the agencies after the report is submitted.

Did you know St. John's has their own C.A.N. Coordinator? If you wish to use this service you can email

More information on this program can be found here.

Also this service is to only be used for NON-Emergencies. If there is an immediate threat to life or public safety, please contact 911. Do not report these issues to C.A.N. as there may be a delay with the Coordinator viewing it and the agencies (ie. the WPS or WFPS) will not accept an emergency report from the Coordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment